Sunday 20 April 2008

Raising the Beds


This spring my goal has been to get some garden beds into the sunshine. Mission accomplished! Dave built these on Wed. and Thursday of this week. Our plan is to put paving stones onto the top part of the driveway and I'm going to be planting my veggies and a few perennials in these sunnier garden beds along the driveway. I already like the look of it and only have sweet peas, spinach, chard and lettuce planted so far. Yesterday it became covered with 2 cm of snow and that remains today. However, it IS going to get better. Watch this spot for future pictures of the garden and the driveway as we get more work completed. By the way, the swamp lanterns have started to bloom in the swampy bits near our neighbourhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow those look amazing...I think I need a Dave to build me stuff. I will look forward to seeing things growing from the sunny raised beds.
I am waiting for another month before I plant anything in Sask
Hugs Marilyn