Sunday 16 March 2008

It's My Party and ...


Yesterday I had my birthday and the day before received this lovely spring bouquet from Andrea, Scott and Demitri. Tuesday, before Dave left for his ski trip, he also brought me a bouquet of flowers - one can NEVER have too many bouquets in the house - especially in March.
I decided to celebrate with all the new women in my new world and invited the women from my knitting, reading and walking groups. Quite a few people had to bow out because of illness but actually things worked out pretty well. I had a "drop in" affair and made a couple of cakes neither of which came out truly well - hence no picture. The chocolate layer cake was tasty but a bit lopsided. The cheesecake looked a little forlorn but with toppings, looked bold. Both cakes tasted just fine. It nearly turned out to be two parties - the 3:30 - 5:30 group started this affair and then another group of 7 or 8 women showed up at 6 - 9. We had plenty of wine, dessert, junk food and laughs. I've got a wee bit of a sugar hangover today.
At 7:30 a.m. my neighbours in Pine Ridge called and sang me Happy Birthday, with Gerda accomapnying on her violin (she plays in the Okanogan Symphony) which was a unique experience for me given my musical family. Thanks all, for coming to the party, for phoning, send me email greetings or posting on my FaceBook wall! It's been a good way to turn 57.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I have to tell you about the icing I made for Quinn's birthday cake (chocolate of course). Back to the icing -- 1 cup of Bailey's Irish Cream and 2 pkg.'s of white chocolate chips. It was beyond good! It is very simple. Bring the Bailey's to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in the chips, cool until spreading consistency. Thought you might like that little recipe.
Gayla

Anonymous said...

Oops, that should be 3 packs of chips!
Gayla

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a good birthday celebration. I would have been there if I could.
The flowers are beautiful...I just bought some daffodils yesterday and they are starting to open...what a nice spring item...I love daffodils
Hugs Marilyn