Wednesday 19 December 2007

pro on pst

We're almost to the shortest day of the year - I think it's only two days away! We are really into the darks in this part of the world and it's partly because we live on the eastern edge of the Pacific Time Zone. Across the lake, the good citizens have opted to go onto Mountain Time and they get to be light until 5:30 p.m. while we have the dark totally descend by 4:30 p.m. As well, we've had 8 days of very low cloud and I've missed seeing "my mountains" - the amazing Purcells across the lake. In this kind of weather - lots of gray cloud against gray rock and a somewhat gray lake I'm supposed to call it silver - it's a silver day, as my walking friend Candace remarks. I'd have to say that I'm generally pissed right off on pst in the winter, but the good things are that it's light at 7 a.m. when I usually get out of bed and I get to put the Christmas lights on in the middle of the afternoon. Somehow, I think NOT having a picture accompany this post really suits the mood of it.

No comments: