Friday 14 March 2014

2014 Biking

I've now had two trips to town on my bike.  Last year I figured that I saved about one gas fill by doing this and sometimes it's hard to stay motivated.  That's because I get a lovely, easy ride into town but have the challenge of a couple of steep hills on the way home.  There's lots of things that I like about the ride when the weather is warm.  I'm certainly not "saving the planet" in not buying one tank of gas.  So why do it?  I need some encouragement about this.  Hope you see this post, Andrew and Shelley!  It's snowing today so I know I"ll take the car.  But what about next week??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....because you are conquering something like a great piece of cheesecake?! Every time you get over those steep hills you are improving your health. Every time you make that trip it gets easier for your body to make it and soon those steep hills won't feel so steep! It makes you stronger! It lets you feel the world you live in differently than driving the car does! It lets you clear your mind? How am I doing for good enough reasons? I like the cheesecake one personally! Keep doing it you won't regret it!

Unknown said...

You do it because you love the feeling of freedom when you are biking; because you are saving those few atoms of the earth that could make a difference (at least to me); because its good for you and because it really is the principle of doing what you can when you can for the right reason! Just saying as I'm thinking! Lucky you to be able to bike already!!

The Clothesline said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I had 3 other comments and I don't know where they are! Thanks for your words, Jo, Andrea and Shelley!