Monday 22 July 2013

Kaslo Community Garden

I didn't have my camera with me (I rarely do when I go to town to "garden"), but Kaslo's Community Garden is a wonderful work in progress.  It's been spearheaded by a few people who know something about gardens and are hard workers.  The people who have purchased a plot for the season are keeping their gardens looking good and there is a good portion of the garden given over to community food security.  The crops grown for these projects are garlic, squash, potatoes, beets, onions, and greens.  It's been a joy to work in the garden this summer, although it can be a bit noisy with all the motorbikes going through town.  However, what a lovely welcome to Kalso as visitors approach from New Denver.  The sunflowers have started to bloom and things are looking very summery in upper Kaslo.  I can only think of Margaret Mead's remark about what a group of committed individuals can do!

No comments: