Wednesday 20 June 2012

45 Trips

 I'm enjoying the new bike and have a set of well-needed fenders on it now.  Since summer simply will NOT arrive, I ride anyway and get spat on by the skies.  No drenching rains that I've experienced yet.  I spoke to someone yesterday who seemed puzzled about the fact that I wouldn't drive into town 3 times when I needed to come in thrice yesterday.  I said that I was trying to be "green" some of the time and I don't think she got it.  However, I realize that it is going to take me 45 trips to town to save one tank of gas.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is worthwhile?  Anyone care to comment?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrew McKinlay said...

That's something I struggle with all the time.

Anything you do personally, directly, is going to be a drop in the ocean on a global scale.

But does that mean you do nothing? I don't think so. I think you riding your bike is worthwhile.

As Gandhi said, "You must be the change you want to see in the world"

Shelley said...

- 45 car trips to town won't keep you in shape
- 45 bike trips to town will keep you in shape to live longer and healthier
- 45 car trips to town will make you "normal"
- 45 bike trips to town will have the neighbours saying "Oh, look, there's that crazy Catherine out biking to town again!"

:-)

The Clothesline said...

Thanks for your comments, Andrew and Shelley. It's good to know that someone (or two!) actually read the blog! I have that Gandhi quote hidden away in one of my book diaries and I need to make it more visible.