Friday 18 May 2012

Steve's Wonders

Just finished the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson and I'd highly recommend it as a good read.  I haven't had much experience with Apple Computers except when the schools all purchased Apple II's back in the 1980's and I had to learn a few things about them!  My next experience was in the Isle of Man when I was given a laptop computer to use and it was made by Apple.  I found it a bit frustrating, but I knew that I'd never want to live without a laptop again (and I haven't).  It surprised me to realize how recently so much of Apple technology has taken over the world.  I still use a Windows computer, but I have to say that I absolutely love my ipod and I'm grateful that Jobs gave up enough control of that device to allow it to be sold to the entire world.  And yeah, the Shuffle feature is my favourite part of the whole thing.  Jobs was an amazing talent - I'd have hated to know him, I'm sure, but I like lots of things that he designed.  Thanks, Steve, for some of those brilliant devices you helped to develop and thanks to Walter Isaacson for a compelling read.

No comments: