Saturday 21 January 2012

Ski Chariot!

We went out with the ski chariot on Thursday and Friday this week. It's a bit of an excercise getting everything ready, but Andrea will reduce that time with a bit of practice. It works best with two people involved! I can just keep up with Andrea when she pulls the chariot (my normal speed!) and I pulled it for about 20 minutes each day. The slightest incline really made me sweat! It's great for me on the flat and I wasn't too intimidated by a gentle downhill. We had two lovely skis with our boys and can do the Aquaduct/Gibbards route in about one hour and 20 minutes. Our "transition time" of getting the boys in and out of carseats and into the chariot and us into our skis still needs work but our last transition is getting down already - I load the skis and get the boys ready for their carseats; Andrea folds the chariot and gets the boys locked into their carseats. They don't like transitions so we get to hear some crying - luckily, it's only a 10 minute drive to the local x-country trails.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the goose and the goat said...

How wonderful!! I'm sure the boys love it and it rocks them right to sleep. What fun parents and grandparents they get to be loved and cared by!
Nancy

Diane said...

This is a far cry from my pulling my kids through the push on their sled! You are a hardcore Granny! No wonder you're in such good shape!
<3