Tuesday 18 May 2010

Camping: B.C. Style

I moved to B.C. partly because of B.C. Parks. We'd spent so many of our holidays travelling to B.C. to visit my parents, or to tour around this beautiful province. We loved almost every B.C. Park that we stayed in. I was able to get a little of that experience back on Thursday night when Dave and I stayed at Alces Lake in Whiteswan Provincial Park. The campsites are big, fairly far apart and we didn't seem to find yahoos in the campground. They probably arrived on Friday when I understand the place does get busy. It was interesting to note that we were the only B.C. plated vehicle in the place; everyone else had AB plates. Most of the legacy of the Campbell government is a complete tragedy and B.C. Parks has certainly fallen into that category. The parks are closing and those that remain are very poorly serviced. It was good to enjoy a bit of the "old" experience the other night.

No comments: