Wednesday 17 February 2010

February 17th: Gardening!

Today we had a sunny day in the Koots and this afternoon I actually got out to work in a sunny area of my garden. We decided to create a little extension on an already existing rock wall and have a place to put a few more tomato plants, for a year at least. It was so lovely to work in that sun in shirtsleeves - my first time gardening in February - well, I might have done a bit in the Isle of Man in 2004 but that wasn't MY garden. So exciting to think of things starting to sprout. We've decided to dig up the rhubarb and replant it in the same spot - it's never really thrived and we know that the ground has to be too rocky. Sigh - that means another year without collecting tons of rhubarb and people around here don't grow it like the prairie gardeners!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I still get some rhubarb out of the couple plants you & Dave gave me years ago and the thornless raspberry bushes literally grow like weeds and result in weeks of yummy eating! My neighbors have even replanted the ones that shoot under the fence and now have their own nice little raspberry patch!