Sunday 19 July 2009

Sunday Hiking

We're getting some real summer weather now and we've had a couple of very good hikes this week. Friday we went into Lyle Basin and enjoyed a sunny, hot day. Dave managed to make it to the top of Mt. Brennan in the time that it took Lucille and I to go to the Upper Basin and back - that's about double the elevation gain! Lucille took this picture of me at a creek just above Lyle Lakes.

Sunday hiking found us at Upper Fletcher Lake and then doing a scramble to a ridge above it where we were given great views of Woodbury and Kokanne Glaciers, all of Kootenay Lake down to Creston, and we could some of the spires of the Bugaboos way off to the west. One thing I love about Sunday hiking is that if we can get back by 4 p.m. I can still get a bunch of garden work done - picked peas, strawberries and raspberries after getting back, plus did a load of laundry and wrote a blog. Hurrah for me and hiking!

No comments: