Thursday 22 January 2009

You Are The Sunshine!


Today I had another day "up top", going through dense fog to get to the blue skies. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera but the skies were endlessly blue! The picture at left was taken last week in a similar place and we were in "bright" skies and you can see the valley fog below us. It was inspiring to help a woman do her "maiden voyage" as a ski-doo driver today, while I rode up with Dave. I'm still a terribly tentative skier in all this powder, but I kept my balance much better today and even though my turns are stem christies, I don't side slip down the entire hillside.
Now, about the snowmobile. It's great to be able to get up to the sun. Being the driver looks as if it's a terrifically athletic endeavour (at least if there are mountains of powder snow to drive through), although everyone says it's best to be the driver. The machines are noisy, (wear earmuffs), smelly (especially for the back seat person) and tempermental. But here, it's the only ski lift available and it does serve the purpose. I'm not a big fan of Bombardier, even tho' I did sell the stock at its 11 year high this July. But bringing me to the sunshine is worth quite a bit and I've got to say that so far, Bombardier is serving that purpose.

No comments: