Monday 13 August 2007

Kaslo Trail Blazers




During the month of August I've finally been able to give the Kaslo Trail Blazers some of my time. This is an organization that is attempting to create a fairly long trail along the Kaslo River but I'm not sure how long it will eventually be. The pictures that are part of this post are of the bridge that will some day span the river. I've been working as a painter - all of the deck boards on the bridge - 143 of them - were painted in cedar brown. The uprights, awaiting their second coat of magenta colored preservative, have not been transported to the bridge to date. Apparently the bridge will be a covered one. At a future date, hopefully in September, a big machine currently being used in the logging industry, is coming to Kaslo to lift this bridge into place across the river. I sure hope that I get to see the spectacle. Meanwhile, Scott's old RS Bridges to Babylon World Tour t-shirt has some pretty colorful speckles in support of the Trail Blazers.

No comments: